Florida Sea Grant Extension in Collier County

Welcome to the Collier County Sea Grant Extension Blog

This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my extension outreach efforts and useful information to make you a more informed coastal citizen. If you have any questions about what you see, feel free to contact me at fluech@ufl.edu.


Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Great Goliath Grouper Count (Day 2)


Today my colleagues and I continued our Goliath Grouper surveys by going offshore. We had a slight change of plans though. We ended up only sampling 2 sites instead of 3, but had great dives and saw lots of goliath grouper at each site. We went to the R-tower and an old shrimp trawler callled the Gravy Train. Unfortunately, my camera case flooded and I didn't get to take a single picture(RIP camera). Fortunately, Katie Laakonen had my back and took plenty of pictures for me. Enjoy Katie's pictures!






1 comment:

  1. Do you have the GPS Coordinates for the Shrimp Trawler wreck Gravy Train? I would like to visit this site.

    ReplyDelete