Florida Sea Grant Extension in Collier County

Welcome to the Collier County Sea Grant Extension Blog

This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my extension outreach efforts and useful information to make you a more informed coastal citizen. If you have any questions about what you see, feel free to contact me at fluech@ufl.edu.


Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Florida Master Naturalist Graduates!

Today was our last day of Florida Master Naturalist Program-my students presented their final projects, and I'm excited to say there are 14 new graduates of the FMNP Coastal Module! In addition, we had two students (Derek and Helen Day) finish their final module, making them official "Florida Master Naturalists." Including this class I've had a total of 40 students take a class from me in 2010. Congrats to everyone!!
I know I say this about all my classes, but they really were an outstanding group. I personally learned a lot from them, and courses like these are an ideal way to learn about peoples' different perspectives about various environmental issues. As an extension agent, I find this invaluable. I wish the class the best of luck with their future environmental education endeavors. Enjoy the pictures!!
Justin, AKA" Florida", discusses how "drained" he is since much
of south Floridas' ecosystems have been altered in the 20th century

"Ranger Trudy" demonstrating to her guests how
long a gopher tortoise burrow is using a measuring tape.

A little friendly competition during "Sea Turtle Jeapordy!"
I don't mean to brag, but our group won!!!!!!!!

A dedicated group of mangrove enthusiasts describing the many
ways red manrgroves play an important ecological role in our
estuaries

"Bobby the Bird" showing the class his moves!!

"Bobby" helps explain to the class how different creatures
move along our coastline

No comments:

Post a Comment