Florida Sea Grant Extension in Collier County

Welcome to the Collier County Sea Grant Extension Blog

This blog is an opportunity for me to share with you my extension outreach efforts and useful information to make you a more informed coastal citizen. If you have any questions about what you see, feel free to contact me at fluech@ufl.edu.


Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Oil Contaminatin and Seafood Safety Video from Lousiana Sea Grant

photo credit: Bill Haber Associated Press
I've had lots of people look at me funny when I explain to them that one of the most effective ways that trained inspectors detect for oil contamination in seafood is by simply smelling it. Never under estimate the power of the human nose!! This short video  that Lousiana Sea Grant put up on You Tube does a great job of explaining the process.
 (From LA Sea Grant) In response to consumer concerns about oil contaminated seafood from the Gulf of Mexico reaching the marketplace, Louisiana Sea Grant has produced a short video outlining the precautions taken to ensure tainted shell and finfish don't end up on the table.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LouisianaSeaGrant

No comments:

Post a Comment