- Of the 10 sites sampled, seven of them were in waters 50 feet or less while the remaining three were between 70 and 80 feet.
- Seven of the 10 sites were barges or shipwrecks; one was a radio tower, and two were concrete pilings and rubble.
- We counted a minimum number of 128 goliath grouper on the 10 sites (Avg 12.8).
- Four of the sites had 15 or more goliath on them. All but one of these sites were south of Marco Island.
- 34 of the goliath were estimated to be three feet or less
- 63 were estimated to be between three and five feet
- 31 of the fish were estimated to be over five feet
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Posted by Collier County Sea Grant Agent at 3:43 PM